Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Welcome to Yardsalemonkey!


I so love a good sale (and who doesn't). I started to post deals on my Food Storage Site, Food Storage Diva, but I realized that I have so many ideas and find so many good deals that I needed a site devoted entirely to a good deal. Feel free to look around and enjoy my very first post :)

Here's the first deal of the day. Even though I'm a novice "Coupon Diva", I came away will all this food for a mere, $58. I spent about an hour looking over details of the ads & gathering my coupons together and voila:

6 boxes of cereal
10 cake mixes
20 canned corn & beans
7 frozen packages of veggies
2 gallons of milk
6 boxes of turkey bags
6 microwaved popped corn
2 boxes of taco shells
7 cool whips
14 instant jello
6 tubes of crescent rolls
1 lb butter
2 free Tinkerbell bowls (for my girly of course)
and.....15lbs of turkey

If you break it down even further, for the amount of items I received, it was as if I paid $.60 cents for each item on my grocery list. "Couponing" is pretty straightforward, but there are some tips that will help you. Here's a few to start you out with:

1. Check with your local paper to see if they have a coupon deal. What they'll do is set you up to receive something like five Sunday papers, which means 5x's the coupons. The subscription is usually about $15. But if you're like me and used almost $30 in coupons on your last visit, it pays for itself pretty quickly.

2. Do the shopping before the kids wake up or after they go to bed. Makes for a much happier Mom and kids.

3. I see a lot of deals where you can buy two items and then get something free. Albertson's does this a lot and today they offered FREE MILK for every 4 boxes of Kellogg's cereal you buy. This is a super deal, especially if you have a coupon for each box. And, here's the best part, in the paper, it will usually state that you get FREE MILK and then in parenthesis it will say "up to $4.50 in value". I used to just grab whatever milk I saw first, no matter what the cost was. But, did you realize that you can use all of that money? For instance, milk was on sale for 2 for $4.00, so I actually got 2 gallons of milk and $.50 applied to the rest of the bill? Awesomeness.

2 comments:

FamiLee said...

Thanks for the invite! and for the information. You are the most resourceful.

FamiLee said...

You are the most resourceful person with so many great ideas!